Favorite unpopular positions:
- Genes think -- perhaps better than humans.
- Mathematics is the oldest branch of psychology.
- Time reverses all the time, you just can't notice.
- As a corollary humans are the cause of the second law of thermodynamics.
- 'Physical' has lost all meaning, and should be discarded as a category.
- The experience of consciousness in real time does not exist, and is made up after the fact.
- Ethics has no use for optimization problems. (Law and politics might, as optimizing goodness-of-fit to an ethics.)
- Real human goals evade structural domination, and optimization produces it.
- As a corollary, Kantian ethics is more natural to humans than utility-based ethics, for strictly genetic reasons.
- Monadology predicts relativistic time dilation.
Chicago, IL (ish)
Member for 5 years, 2 months
148 profile views
Last seen 9 hours ago
Top network posts
- 21 What are some arguments against violence?
- 16 What did Nietzsche mean by monsters and the abyss?
- 15 Is social status a real thing?
- 14 Does hiding a truth constitute lying?
- 14 How is Philosophy related to Science?
- 13 Why is /sɪ/ pronounced differently in "six" /sɪks/ and "sit" /sɪt/?
- 13 Is "propositions of logic are tautologies" (Wittgenstein) literal or mystical?
- View more network posts →
Top tags (7)
7 Obviously punitive voting with no explanations Oct 21 '15
6 “You have no idea how X works” Jun 9 '16
6 I recently deleted the following answer May 27 '16
5 An Easy Guide to Earning Downovtes Nov 2 '14
5 Since when is this OK? Dec 2 '16
4 Look. It's a trap Mar 7 '17
3 Reputational Voting Wars on Stack Exchange Sep 14 '17