Molecular biologist and historian by formal training, but software developer by passion. Also now by career.
Philosophically, my primary areas of interest and relevant expertise are postmodernism (in particular, the branch that has acquired the label of poststructuralism), critical theory, and ontology. I also know quite a bit about moral theory and political philosophy, both from modernist and postmodernist perspectives. However, Ancient Greco-Roman philosophy has a tendency to bore me nearly to tears.
I approach philosophy from a decidedly academic bent, meaning that I'm far less interested in discussing your personal views on the subject than I am in analyzing the rich array of literature and thought that already exists on the subject.
Brevity is not my strong suit.
Sunnyvale, CA, USA
Member for 9 years, 9 months
123 profile views
Last seen Feb 10 at 6:35
- Stack Overflow♦ 219.8k 219.8k 4747 gold badges459459 silver badges537537 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 59k 59k 2121 gold badges179179 silver badges294294 bronze badges
- Philosophy 5.1k 5.1k 11 gold badge3737 silver badges4242 bronze badges
- Code Review 3.7k 3.7k 1313 silver badges2626 bronze badges
- Code Golf 3.1k 3.1k 1111 silver badges2525 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 755 Declare a const array
- 574 What is serial voting and how does it affect me?
- 433 Release generating .pdb files, why?
- 414 How can I wrap text in a label using WPF?
- 364 How do I convert struct System.Byte byte to a System.IO.Stream object in C#?
- 281 Why is the console window closing immediately once displayed my output?
- 262 An expensive jump with GCC 5.4.0
- View more network posts →