Molecular biologist and historian by formal training, but software developer by passion. Also now by career.
Philosophically, my primary areas of interest and relevant expertise are postmodernism (in particular, the branch that has acquired the label of poststructuralism), critical theory, and ontology. I also know quite a bit about moral theory and political philosophy, both from modernist and postmodernist perspectives. However, Ancient Greco-Roman philosophy has a tendency to bore me nearly to tears.
I approach philosophy from a decidedly academic bent, meaning that I'm far less interested in discussing your personal views on the subject than I am in analyzing the rich array of literature and thought that already exists on the subject.
Brevity is not my strong suit.
Sunnyvale, CA, USA
Member for 8 years, 8 months
118 profile views
Last seen Feb 6 at 22:44
- Stack Overflow♦ 207k 207k 3838 gold badges422422 silver badges497497 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 57.4k 57.4k 2020 gold badges177177 silver badges288288 bronze badges
- Philosophy 4.9k 4.9k 11 gold badge3535 silver badges4141 bronze badges
- Code Review 3.6k 3.6k 1212 silver badges2626 bronze badges
- Code Golf 2.6k 2.6k 88 silver badges1919 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 659 Declare a const array
- 574 What is serial voting and how does it affect me?
- 410 Release generating .pdb files, why?
- 372 How can I wrap text in a label using WPF?
- 336 How do I convert struct System.Byte byte to a System.IO.Stream object in C#?
- 262 An expensive jump with GCC 5.4.0
- 260 Why is the console window closing immediately once displayed my output?
- View more network posts →