Like many who came before me, and undoubtedly many to come after me, I am an individual who has for almost as long as I can remember been keenly interested in playing and designing games (Its my close Number 2 passion after Changing the World - yeps I've set myself up for a lifetime of disappointment ^_~).
My personal development since under the age of 10 has been STOS > QuickBASIC > PASCAL... and then apathy took hold (Its not a bad language - but my perspective of it grew dim at the time) and I shifted away from coding. I have since also gained a grasp of basic HTML - and a little SQL.
For a number of years I've been interested in learning C or Visual BASIC, even Delphi (due to its roots) - and am recently set on C# - I am using YouTube for the purpose of self-learning but to say that I have a basic grasp would be wild optimism on my part.
Areas of game development that I am interested in include:
- Game Mechanics
- Pseudo Intelligence (AI)
- World Building
- Digital Weirdness (code is liberty)
What I hope for:
- Learning C# (possibly more) without being a burden
- To code a few cool games
- To not give up again
No, I don't wish to be a lone wolf but neither do I feel that my projects have any more worth than anybody else's. What will be will be.
Member for 6 years, 3 months
2 profile views
Last seen Aug 7 '16 at 21:41
Top network posts
- 26 How to present players with options without railroading them?
- 19 Why does "meritocracy" / "capitalism" co-exist with "democracy"?
- 16 C# Program that checks on the status of the Capslock with each character insert
- 11 Fine particulate matter - Why the lack of attention? What can be done to tackle it?
- 10 In Catan, can players negotiate a trade when it's not their turn?
- 8 Illegal immigration due to poverty - Is there a moral way to tackle it?
- 5 Is there any difference between Populism and Democracy ?
- View more network posts →