Intended to do a philosophy major out of high school because I loved Nietzsche and the things he led me to -- until I discovered what "philosophy" refers to in the Anglo-American academic universe. At which point I switched to a double in English and Humanities and tried to absorb as much late 20th century continental stuff as I could.
That was a long time ago, and I now spend most of my brain's more productive hours with computer programming. But I think all that post-structuralism turned out to have a lot of pragmatic value in life...go figure.
- Unix & Linux 79.8k 79.8k 2525 gold badges185185 silver badges240240 bronze badges
- Raspberry Pi♦ 54.1k 54.1k 1515 gold badges9696 silver badges211211 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 10.6k 10.6k 11 gold badge2929 silver badges6060 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 1.5k 1.5k 88 silver badges2020 bronze badges
- Philosophy 1.2k 1.2k 66 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 240 What color codes can I use in my PS1 prompt?
- 206 how can I add (subtract, etc.) two numbers with bash?
- 179 How to grep lines which does not begin with "#" or ";"?
- 156 Why isn't Linux embraced as the official GNU kernel?
- 149 Parallelize a Bash FOR Loop
- 127 How to specify key in SSHFS?
- 118 GPT or MBR: How do I know?
- View more network posts →