Intended to do a philosophy major out of high school because I loved Nietzsche and the things he led me to -- until I discovered what "philosophy" refers to in the Anglo-American academic universe. At which point I switched to a double in English and Humanities and tried to absorb as much late 20th century continental stuff as I could.
That was a long time ago, and I now spend most of my brain's more productive hours with computer programming. But I think all that post-structuralism turned out to have a lot of pragmatic value in life...go figure.
Member for 6 years, 5 months
4 profile views
Last seen Jul 27 '16 at 15:06
- Unix & Linux 74.5k 74.5k 2323 gold badges178178 silver badges231231 bronze badges
- Raspberry Pi♦ 51.4k 51.4k 1414 gold badges8888 silver badges202202 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 10.2k 10.2k 11 gold badge2727 silver badges5656 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 1.4k 1.4k 88 silver badges1919 bronze badges
- Philosophy 1.2k 1.2k 66 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 202 What color codes can I use in my PS1 prompt?
- 178 how can I add (subtract, etc.) two numbers with bash?
- 153 Why isn't Linux embraced as the official GNU kernel?
- 153 How to grep lines which does not begin with "#" or ";"?
- 124 Parallelize a Bash FOR Loop
- 108 How to specify key in SSHFS?
- 105 How to chmod without /usr/bin/chmod?
- View more network posts →