An old "dilettante" of mathematical logic , philosophy of science and history of science.
Member for 6 years, 1 month
19 profile views
Last seen Oct 10 at 13:33
- Mathematics 74.6k 74.6k 55 gold badges5252 silver badges122122 bronze badges
- Philosophy 29.8k 29.8k 22 gold badges2121 silver badges7070 bronze badges
- History of Science and Mathematics 12.3k 12.3k 11 gold badge2323 silver badges4141 bronze badges
- MathOverflow 1.5k 1.5k 11 gold badge99 silver badges1414 bronze badges
- History 672 672 44 silver badges1111 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 82 What famous theorems or results were proven by female mathematicians?
- 43 Why is "mathematical induction" called "mathematical"?
- 38 How did early mathematicians make it without Set theory?
- 28 Why does proof by elimination work?
- 27 Whose shoulders did Newton stand on?
- 26 Is an anti-symmetric and asymmetric relation the same? Are irreflexive and anti reflexive the same?
- 25 Why does Euclid write "Prime numbers are more than any assigned multitude of prime numbers."
- View more network posts →