An old "dilettante" of mathematical logic , philosophy of science and history of science.
Member for 5 years, 11 months
19 profile views
Last seen Oct 10 at 13:33
- Mathematics 71.9k 71.9k 55 gold badges5151 silver badges122122 bronze badges
- Philosophy 29.4k 29.4k 22 gold badges2020 silver badges7070 bronze badges
- History of Science and Mathematics 12.2k 12.2k 11 gold badge2222 silver badges4141 bronze badges
- MathOverflow 1.5k 1.5k 11 gold badge88 silver badges1414 bronze badges
- History 662 662 33 silver badges1111 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 81 What famous theorems or results were proven by female mathematicians?
- 43 Why is "mathematical induction" called "mathematical"?
- 38 How did early mathematicians make it without Set theory?
- 28 Why does proof by elimination work?
- 27 Whose shoulders did Newton stand on?
- 25 Is an anti-symmetric and asymmetric relation the same? Are irreflexive and anti reflexive the same?
- 25 Why does Euclid write "Prime numbers are more than any assigned multitude of prime numbers."
- View more network posts →