I am Professor of Logic at Oxford University and Sir Peter Strawson Fellow in Philosophy at University College Oxford. I was formerly affiliated with the City University of New York (CUNY Graduate Center, Mathematics, Philosophy and Computer Science & College of Staten Island, Mathematics).
My research is mostly in logic, broadly construed, especially mathematical logic and set theory, with connections to other areas.
- MathOverflow 190.9k 190.9k 3333 gold badges584584 silver badges10321032 bronze badges
- Mathematics 39.7k 39.7k 99 gold badges105105 silver badges177177 bronze badges
- Mathematics Educators 3.9k 3.9k 33 gold badges1616 silver badges2626 bronze badges
- Philosophy 3.6k 3.6k 1919 silver badges2323 bronze badges
- TeX - LaTeX 1k 1k 77 silver badges1515 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 345 What are some reasonable-sounding statements that are independent of ZFC?
- 246 What are the most misleading alternate definitions in taught mathematics?
- 242 Can you answer my son's fourth-grade homework question: Which numbers are prime, have digits adding to ten and have a three in the tens place?
- 212 Is the analysis as taught in universities in fact the analysis of definable numbers?
- 158 Solutions to the Continuum Hypothesis
- 143 Are the "proofs by contradiction" weaker than other proofs?
- 136 Most 'unintuitive' application of the Axiom of Choice?
- View more network posts →