I am Professor of Logic at Oxford University and Sir Peter Strawson Fellow in Philosophy at University College Oxford. I was formerly affiliated with the City University of New York (CUNY Graduate Center, Mathematics, Philosophy and Computer Science & College of Staten Island, Mathematics).
My research is mostly in logic, broadly construed, especially mathematical logic and set theory, with connections to other areas.
- MathOverflow 180.5k 180.5k 2828 gold badges534534 silver badges938938 bronze badges
- Mathematics 36.6k 36.6k 77 gold badges9292 silver badges159159 bronze badges
- Mathematics Educators 3.7k 3.7k 22 gold badges1515 silver badges2626 bronze badges
- Philosophy 3.4k 3.4k 1717 silver badges2323 bronze badges
- TeX - LaTeX 982 982 66 silver badges1515 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 307 What are some reasonable-sounding statements that are independent of ZFC?
- 230 Can you answer my son's fourth-grade homework question: Which numbers are prime, have digits adding to ten and have a three in the tens place?
- 227 What are the most misleading alternate definitions in taught mathematics?
- 196 Is the analysis as taught in universities in fact the analysis of definable numbers?
- 150 Solutions to the Continuum Hypothesis
- 129 Most 'unintuitive' application of the Axiom of Choice?
- 129 Are the "proofs by contradiction" weaker than other proofs?
- View more network posts →