I am Professor of Logic at Oxford University and Sir Peter Strawson Fellow in Philosophy at University College Oxford. I was formerly affiliated with the City University of New York (CUNY Graduate Center, Mathematics, Philosophy and Computer Science & College of Staten Island, Mathematics).
My research is mostly in logic, broadly construed, especially mathematical logic and set theory, with connections to other areas.
- MathOverflow 167.9k 167.9k 2727 gold badges519519 silver badges906906 bronze badges
- Mathematics 33.6k 33.6k 66 gold badges8989 silver badges152152 bronze badges
- Mathematics Educators 3k 3k 22 gold badges1414 silver badges2525 bronze badges
- Philosophy 2.7k 2.7k 1717 silver badges2323 bronze badges
- TeX - LaTeX 522 522 44 silver badges1515 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 293 What are some reasonable-sounding statements that are independent of ZFC?
- 222 What are the most misleading alternate definitions in taught mathematics?
- 221 Can you answer my son's fourth-grade homework question: Which numbers are prime, have digits adding to ten and have a three in the tens place?
- 188 Is the analysis as taught in universities in fact the analysis of definable numbers?
- 149 Solutions to the Continuum Hypothesis
- 126 Are the "proofs by contradiction" weaker than other proofs?
- 123 Most 'unintuitive' application of the Axiom of Choice?
- View more network posts →