I am a retired database programmer. I have a masters in applied mathematics from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and a masters in pure mathematics from the University of Maine at Orono.
Miami Beach, FL, USA
Member for 1 year, 8 months
78 profile views
Last seen 18 hours ago
- Philosophy 14.8k 14.8k 66 gold badges1818 silver badges6868 bronze badges
- Mathematics 1k 1k 22 gold badges66 silver badges2020 bronze badges
- Area 51 313 313 11 silver badge99 bronze badges
- Psychology & Neuroscience 169 169 11 gold badge22 silver badges99 bronze badges
- History of Science and Mathematics 169 169 11 gold badge22 silver badges88 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 36 Is there a fallacy about "appeal to 'big words'"?
- 24 Asserting that Atheism and Theism are both faith based positions
- 20 How is the claim "I am in New York only if I am in America" the same as "If I am in New York, then I am in America?
- 19 What's the name of the logical fallacy where a debater extends a statement far beyond the original statement to make it true?
- 17 Is it possible when two people in a debate "throwing" "logical fallacy" to each other?
- 14 How can substance dualism survive the arguments from neuroscience?
- 14 Can time exist without change?
- View more network posts →
Top tags (24)
8 Policy on Older Questions Nov 6 '18
4 2018 Moderator Election Q&A - Questionnaire Oct 7 '18
4 Why was my answer downvoted? May 7
3 Answering, then voting to close Jul 26
3 Why is this question unclear? Dec 13 '18