I am a retired database programmer. I have a masters in applied mathematics from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and a masters in pure mathematics from the University of Maine at Orono.
Miami Beach, FL, USA
Member for 2 years, 1 month
99 profile views
Last seen Oct 11 '19 at 16:29
- Philosophy 18k 18k 66 gold badges2020 silver badges7676 bronze badges
- Mathematics 1.3k 1.3k 22 gold badges66 silver badges2020 bronze badges
- Area 51 313 313 11 silver badge99 bronze badges
- History of Science and Mathematics 229 229 11 gold badge22 silver badges88 bronze badges
- Medical Sciences 189 189 11 gold badge22 silver badges99 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 36 Is there a fallacy about "appeal to 'big words'"?
- 24 Asserting that Atheism and Theism are both faith based positions
- 23 How to prove (A v B), (A → C), (B → D) therefore (C v D)
- 21 How is the claim "I am in New York only if I am in America" the same as "If I am in New York, then I am in America?
- 19 What's the name of the logical fallacy where a debater extends a statement far beyond the original statement to make it true?
- 18 Is it possible when two people in a debate "throwing" "logical fallacy" to each other?
- 14 Can time exist without change?
- View more network posts →
Top tags (26)
8 Policy on Older Questions Nov 6 '18
4 Why was my answer downvoted? May 7 '19
4 Wikipedia vs Philosophy Nov 4 '18
4 2018 Moderator Election Q&A - Questionnaire Oct 7 '18
3 Can I ask if people can find any mistakes? May 31 '19
3 How to learn from philosophy stackexchange? Jul 2 '19