I am also a part time masters student at Columbia studying computer science, with a likely focus on Machine Learning.
Being engaged: I aspire to be an approachable person politically but will admit I have found a lot to oppose in our new president :) so I focus on training progressives to engage in constructive political dialogue, including such forgotten skills as "listening," "not calling people racist when you don't know what else is wrong with their viewpoint" and so forth. I get plenty of practice with my own family and some of my peers! But really, we went astray with trolling Internet arguments and shouting matches at family gathering. Black lives do matter, but I personally can forgive someone if they need to sit down and talk about why and have some, ahem, skeptical questions.
Misc hobbies: Aspiring rock climber. Mostly I complain about my climbing gym but have great access to Central Park and have followed in the Gunks. I believe in productivity-as-a-hobby and focus on writing, messing around with bullet journals, etc.
- Stack Overflow 56k 56k 2929 gold badges147147 silver badges266266 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 14.4k 14.4k 44 gold badges3838 silver badges6767 bronze badges
- Mathematics 5.3k 5.3k 1515 silver badges3232 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 2.2k 2.2k 11 gold badge1212 silver badges2626 bronze badges
- Veganism & Vegetarianism 1.5k 1.5k 88 silver badges2121 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 1012 Proper use cases for Android UserManager.isUserAGoat()?
- 295 Convert UTC Epoch to local date
- 167 Has philosophy ever clarified mathematics?
- 108 When should an IllegalArgumentException be thrown?
- 99 We need to be a little less hostile
- 92 % of % - Please Help Me Prove My Friend Wrong
- View more network posts →