Member for 9 years, 4 months
I just completed my first year at the University of Chicago, where I studied Real Analysis and Computability Theory. I have also studied at the University of Kansas, including a graduate Commutative Algebra course. My mathematical interests lie primarily in this field and in dynamical systems, particularly systems of billiards in polygons and the Triangular Billiards Conjecture. I am currently working on a paper on the TBC as part of an REU program, and so far have learned that it makes for unusually poor small talk at parties.
- Mathematics 57.3k 57.3k 77 gold badges118118 silver badges177177 bronze badges
- Academia 933 933 11 gold badge88 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- MathOverflow 871 871 55 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- Skeptics 411 411 22 silver badges1010 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 363 363 11 gold badge22 silver badges1010 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 393 The Ring Game on $K[x,y,z]$
- 127 Why is $\infty \cdot 0$ not clearly equal to $0$?
- 91 The Monty Hall problem
- 77 Gerrymandering on a high-genus surface/can I use my powers for evil?
- 65 Is it possible that "A counter-example exists but it cannot be found"
- 64 Is there any difference between mapping and function?
- 64 why geometric multiplicity is bounded by algebraic multiplicity?
- View more network posts →