Cheers and hth. - Alf
I have a pretty good sense of quality.
I was one of the moderators of now, sadly, defunct comp.lang.c++.moderated Usenet group. I was awarded MVP (Microsoft Most Valuable Professional) in Visual C++ for 2012. I was about the 75th recipient of the C++ gold badge here on Stack Overflow.
My contributions to the C++ FAQ are numerous, but I think my main contribution is the FAQ item about dynamic binding during initialization, DBDI, "Okay, but is there a way to simulate that behavior as if dynamic binding worked on the this object within my base class's constructor?". The text is Marshall Cline’s, not my original proposal. But I convinced him, through a lengthy e-mail discussion, to include that item, so I think of it as “my” FAQ item…
I’m sometimes present in the C++ lounge chat room here on Stack Overflow.
Member for 5 years, 9 months
4 profile views
Last seen May 29 '15 at 1:36
- Stack Overflow 134.6k 134.6k 1515 gold badges189189 silver badges302302 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 662 662 44 silver badges1212 bronze badges
- Philosophy 587 587 33 silver badges88 bronze badges
- Unix & Linux 253 253 11 gold badge33 silver badges88 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 219 219 11 silver badge77 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 190 WINMAIN and main() in C++ (Extended)
- 184 undefined reference to `WinMain@16'
- 132 How do inline variables work?
- 118 Post-increment and Pre-increment concept?
- 112 Is "long long" = "long long int" = "long int long" = "int long long"?
- 95 Why does std::pair expose member variables?
- 89 How to write a literal constant like "size_t s = 16 MByte"?
- View more network posts →