Wherefore does the universe exist?
- inspire answers that explain “why” and “how”: Partially yes, as pointed out into the comments, the "wherefore" is combined with "cause" to form a the modern "why".
- tend to have long, not short, answers: Since the answer to the question appears quite difficult to humans I expect it to have a relatively long answer when in markdown format.
- have a constructive, fair, and impartial tone: I doubt if it is considered constructive, in this era it seems at most feasible to identify reasons which are not the reason the universe exists.
- invite sharing experiences over opinions: The question does not invite sharing experiences nor opinions. Instead, it invites an argumentation, explanation or explanation on why an answer to that question might not be captured accurately in markdown.
- insist that opinion be backed up with facts and references: Yes.
- are more than just mindless social fun: Since it seems unlikely to be answered within the lives of many, some might discard the question as mindless social fun.
Yet I suspect it might be closed on being "too broad". Additionally I would expect it to be a duplicate but I could not find the question on philosophy stack exchange. Would the question be an acceptable question for the philosophy stack exchange?