For Philosophy.SE, a site in the Stack Exchange 2.0 network
You may also wish to review the community FAQ for all sites in the StackExchange network.
- What is this site about?
- What is considered off-topic?
- Is thinking (and discussion) disallowed on the Philosophy site?
- Should we restrict this site to academic questions only, or target a more casual audience?
- Do questions have to be answerable?
- Should I express my own opinions? (See also: Should answers be cited?)
- Should this site be restricted to academic answers only? (See also: Are amateurs with little knowledge of philosophy welcome?)
- Should I post a new answer to a question that already has an accepted answer?
Working with posts
Reputation, badges, and voting
Original links from meta.SO's community FAQ for sites in the StackExchange 2.0 network:
- Good Subjective, Bad Subjective
- Help Vampires
- Short, Self Contained, Correct (Compilable), Example
- How to Ask by Jon Skeet
- How to Ask Questions the Smart Way
- What have you tried?
- Ten Simple Rules for Getting Help from Online Scientific Communities
How can a question be added to this FAQ?
Link back to this index. Paste this at the end of the question:
[Return to FAQ index](/q/362)
Flag for a moderator to mark community wiki. Any FAQ post not yet community wiki should be made into a community wiki.
Add a link in the above table of contents.
Ask only the question, stated plainly and simply, in the question body. The answer goes in an answer.