I had posted a question: How can free will really exist if universe repeats itself in perfect pattern? which orginally looked exactly like this question.
Despite of great trimming down, it's still in the closed state with "too broad" stamp. I believe
[on hold] postfix is meant for those question which are potential for opening.
Why my question is not opening?
I am a seasoned SO contributor in form of Q&A. Being aware of most of the guidelines, I do understand that there are small changes from community to community. Having a question in mind for a while, I posted in parallel by just copy pasting in 2 communities: "Hinduism" and "Philosophy".
- In "Hinduism" because, I am regular visitor there and there are certain aspects of the questions which are having foundation in scriptures.
- In "Philosophy" as my 1st query, because there was certain logic & reasoning in it with philosophical representation of time; Also this community is broader than other religion based communities
However, instead of meeting with good response on the Q, it turned out to be hostile. The Q was downvoted and closed in a short while.
Following efforts were put to let this question remain opened:
- The first commenter, who also voted for closing suggested that there should not be too many Qs and meta info. Though it didn't make sense for me to copy paste this same Q many times to ask each aspect separately, I compromised by reducing the Qs to only 2 from 4! Be aware that, in last line I had also mentioned that, if the theory is proved otherwise then none out 4 Qs to be answered.
- Still the moderator rejected and told that I am confused due to still too many Qs. Hence I strike-through all the 4 questions and just asked only 1 which was in title
- The moderator was not happy with the strike-through. My intention was to make the content visible in subtle manner. However I removed strike-through and asked moderator to either reopen or suggest further improvement; But haven't received any response so far
- Apparently a user pointed out a similar question which was well received and was not closed; Even though the answer it was seeking was bit broad (at least to me)
For now, I have flagged this question for moderator attention; But almost after 12 hours, there is no resolution.
Update: Seems that the flag to reopen post even after all the edits is declined. Surprisingly someone has downvoted this Q too! Anyways, this is the max I could do to bring the problem to notice.
This seems like a club, where people have to dance differently on a same music record daily. :-)